Today is the National Day of Prayer - a day to mobilize personal and corporate prayer in America. On this special day, we can't help but thank God for His blessing and mercy on our nation. It is a privilege that we can join together in public prayer, but not everyone around the world has this freedom.
Our brothers and sisters in Christ in many parts of the world are facing overwhelming restrictions, harassment, and persecution for their faith in Christ. In fact, right now believers in Mali are being forced from their homes by Islamic militants. Christians in Iran are being arrested and jailed. Just this week, we learned of six Muslim-background believers in Jordan who were brutally beaten for their faith in Jesus Christ.
Pray that we will continue to have the freedom to follow Christ without fear. And pray that God would give us hearts that burn to share the Good News both here and throughout the world.
As you pray today for our own country, would you also join us in praying for the world? Pray with us:
• For religious freedom to be protected throughout the world.
• For unity within the Christian Church across the world.
• For the persecuted Church to remain faithful to the Lord.
• For American believers to be wise and generous stewards of God's resources.
Thank you for being a partner with us and for being a blessing to the nations.
"May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine on us so that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations" (Psalm 67:1).
Join our prayer efforts all year long:
• Subscribe to our RSS Prayer Feed with daily prayer requests from around the world.
• Follow our Partners International blog with ways you can pray for national Christians serving in the hard places.
• Have a prayer request? Our staff prays together every week. Send your request to email@example.com and we will be happy to pray for you.
|< Prev||Next >|